Position: Residential Support Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $33,429 gross per annum
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
What You Will Be Doing:
The standard working hours for this position are:
Sunday 3:00- 11:00 pm
Monday 4:00 pm – midnight
Tuesday 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Wednesday 4:00 pm – midnight
Thursday 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
You will learn our successful model for recovery by:
- Providing direct supervision and assistance to residents.
- Assisting with developing, implementing, and monitoring residents’ individual service plans.
- Collaborating with other staff members to ensure residents’ needs are met.
- Monitoring and reporting any maintenance, health, fire, and safety issues.
- Learning to document residents’ behavior and progress in the clinical record in accordance with DBHDS, DSS, DMAS, CARF, and Pathway Homes’ standards.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field. Internship or professional experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Qualifications: Current VA Board of Nursing Medication Aide Certification
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.