Position: Residential Support Specialist II
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $40,100 gross per annum
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will learn our successful model for recovery by:
- Promoting the recovery of individuals with mental health and substance use disorders through skills development, care coordination, service planning and supported community integration.
- Partnering with residents in developing mutually agreed upon goals and individualized service plans.
- Provide individual and group counseling, utilizing evidenced-based and agency-approved methods and techniques.
- Develop leadership skills as the shift leader while on duty.
- Coordinating care, including referrals and supporting residents’ access to resources.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relations with residents’ families and other care providers.
- Documenting residents’ behavior and progress in the clinical record in accordance with DBHDS, DSS, DMAS, CARF, and Pathway Homes’ standards.
Standard working hours, subject to change, are as follows:
Sunday: 08.00 AM to 6.00 PM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 08.00 AM to 4.00 PM
Thursday: 12.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field. Qualified Mental Health Professional (Adult) Certification from the VA Board of Health Professions. Professional experience in MH and SUD assessments and service planning.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field. Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide certification. Bilingual
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.