Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $42,828 per annum
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Have a Monday-Friday schedule that is convenient and flexible. No weekends or holidays.
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
- Be entitled to excellent benefits.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for assessment of biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care and educational factors as needed.
- Responsible for identifying residents’ health care needs and responses to health problems in order to direct the provision of nursing care.
- Responsible for providing nursing care based on the documented assessment of needs.
- Responsible for analyzing assessment findings and discussing health care needs and priorities with the individual and family members.
- Responsible for identifying residents’ goals, establishing priorities, determining expected outcomes, and designing nursing strategies needed to achieve goals.
- Responsible for the implementation of all identified nursing strategies under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner.
- Responsible for working with residents and staff to develop, monitor and revise Care Plans.
- Responsible for the coordination of all needed health care referrals.
- Responsible for the coordination of services provided by other health professionals and resources.
- Responsible for providing therapeutic support for residents and communicating in a supportive and respectful manner at all times.
- Responsible for securing Medication Aide Trainer certification and providing Medication Aide Training for agency staff in compliance with the Board of Nursing training curriculum.
- Assists the NP/RN with tracking and ordering medication refills and any corresponding blood work orders.
- Responsible for performing all duties consistent with the agency’s identified core
- Responsible for monitoring and remaining current with all required trainings and certifications.
- Reports for work as scheduled, monitors and uses leave appropriately, and notifies supervisor in advance of any schedule adjustments.
Required Qualifications Include:
|Current license as a Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. A minimum of one year of clinical experience, including care coordination. Experience in direct work with individuals with persistent mental health disorders.|
- Compensation is $42, 828 per annum
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
We are excited to be offering an enhanced benefits package in January 2022.
- Health insurance with a Nonstop Wellness Card that offers no copays or deductibles for in-network services and providers
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account for health savings and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employees begin accruing sick and vacation leave on their first day
- 10 ½ holidays recognized annually plus two floating vacation days
We are a friendly, supportive team! Come join us for continuous growth and learning, while making a real difference in the community supporting those with severe mental illness.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.