Position: Direct Support Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Receive free training to become a Registered Medication Aide
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
- hours per week Sunday, Monday, Wednesday Thursday, 7AM-3PM, and Tuesday 8AM-4PM.
What Will You Be Doing?
You will assist residents in all areas of their daily living, including bathing, grooming, dining, recreational activities and medication management. You will be responsible for observing any changes in behavior, physical health and appetite, so you will learn to look for these changes and how to report them. Most of your time will be spent engaged in personal interactions with residents, allowing you to form real connections.
Required qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent, a completed Virginia approved Certified Nurse Aid Training program with current Virginia Nurse Aide Certification, and a high degree of empathy toward persons with mental illness.
Preferred Qualifications include a minimum one year of experience providing direct care services, current certification as a Virginia Medication Aide and experience in work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
- Health insurance with a Nonstop Wellness Card that offers no copays or deductibles for in-network services and providers
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Critical Illness insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account for health savings and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employees begin accruing sick and vacation leave on their first day
- 10 ½ holidays recognized annually plus two floating vacation days
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.