Program: Residential Living
Employment Type: Monday-Thursday, 6:30am- 2:30pm
Location: Assissted living facility in Fairfax, Va
Be part of a friendly, supportive team!
Receive hands-on supervision
Learn to communicate with clinical staff regarding nutritional concerns
Assist with food inventory
Learn to communicate effectively with people with severe and persistent mental illness
Get your Northern Virginia Food Manager’s Certification Card
What will you be doing?
You will prepare all meals according to the menu, including special diets prescribed by medical staff. You will assist your supervisor in maintaining the food inventory. You will assist in food service during meal times and help keep the kitchen and dining room clean and safe. You will be responsible for ensuring the sanitary handling of all food items.
A Northern Virginia Food Manager’s Certification Card and a high degree of empathy toward persons with mental illness. We will pay for the exam and certification card!
- Compensation is $12.93/hour
- Excellent benefits. We offer health, dental (free if just employee), free life insurance, long-term disability, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- Employees can earn up to two weeks of vacation in their first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment. Breakfast and lunch while you are at work.
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Full-time schedule that leaves your afternoons and evenings free
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community. Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.