Position: Community Support Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Compensation: $44,210 gross per annum
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Engages in ongoing clinical assessments, formulates accurate diagnostic impressions based on the DSM, and adapts services and interventions accordingly.
- Partners effectively with individuals in the development of mutually agreed upon goals, and in the evaluation and implementation of individualized service plans.
- Provides individual and group counseling as appropriate, utilizing evidenced-based and agency-approved methods and techniques.
- Responsible for care coordination of assigned individuals to include referrals and supporting the individual’s access to available resources.
- Provides mental health skill building services.
- Promote and support each individual’s recovery to include increased skills, sobriety, psychiatric stability, housing stability, and meaningful community engagement.
- Ensures at least 60 percent face-to-face time with individuals served.
- Responsible for documenting all clinical interactions, interventions and significant events in the clinical record within 48 hours or less, or as mandated by specific program expectations.
- Assists individuals with health care management to include advocacy, collaboration with treatment providers, self-administration of medications, and understanding and implementing treatment recommendations.
- Adhere to billable/targeted support service standards as established for each individual receiving services and/or program.
- Supports individuals in maintaining housing through adhering to lease terms, establishing adequate housekeeping standards, developing positive relationships in the community, monitoring and reporting maintenance issues and general compliance with all fire, health and safety standards.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with DBHDS, DSS, DMAS, CARF and agency standards.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative relationships with individuals’ families, other providers, professional agencies and other community members.
- Responds to crises by taking appropriate action to ensure the safety of individuals served, staff and program, and completes required documentation in accordance with agency standards.
- Demonstrates appropriate, professional, and culturally competent behaviors and interactions at all times.
- Responsible for performing all duties consistent with the agency’s identified core
- Actively engages in supervision, staff meetings, and continued professional development.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required to support the program or individuals receiving services.
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field. Qualified Mental Health Professional (Adult) Certification from the VA Board of Health Professions. Professional experience in MH and SUD assessments and service planning.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
- Compensation is $44,210 gross annually based on standard 8 hour schedule
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability (Elective)
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.