Position: Community Support Specialist Team Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax, VA
Compensation: $50,085 gross per annum
** Opportunity for licensure supervision! **
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for the oversight of direct care staff in the provision of community-based supportive services, including the teaching of independent living skills.
- Engages in ongoing clinical assessments.
- Responsible for crisis intervention, ensuring appropriate actions to facilitate the safety/security of individuals, staff and community.
- Responsible for the orientation and direct supervision of staff in the performance of direct care responsibilities.
- Evaluates performance of staff assigned for direct supervision.
- Assists director in ensuring compliance with state licensing regulations, CARF, DMAS and agency standards, and in evaluating program effectiveness, recommending, and implementing needed modifications.
Required qualifications: Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Social Services or related field (Master’s Preferred). Qualified Mental Health Professional (Adult) Certification from the VA Board of Health Professions. Two years of experience providing services for individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
Preferred qualifications: Licensed or license-eligible in the Commonwealth of Virginia in Social Work, Counseling or related field. Bilingual.
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability (Elective)
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.