Position: Certification Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $32,492 annually
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Have a Monday-Friday schedule that is convenient and flexible. No weekends or holidays.
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
- Be entitled to excellent benefits.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Completing income certifications for HUD Multifamily projects.
- Maintaining recertification documentation.
- Responding to inquiries regarding certifications from tenants and case managers.
- Maintaining a schedule of lease renewal dates.
- Working with accounting staff on payment adjustments.
Required Qualifications Include:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Documented excellent customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and in a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Working knowledge of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Occupancy Regulations.
- Accounting/Bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability working with individuals with severe mental illnesses and/or substance use disorders.
Experience working with Yardi or other similar property management software.
- Compensation is $32,492 annually
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.