Position: SOAR Benefits Specialist
Employment Type: Part-Time, 20 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Location: Fairfax County
- Gain valuable experience working with clients with mental illness diagnoses.
- Have a part-time (20 hours/week) Monday-Friday schedule that is convenient and flexible. No weekends or holidays.
- Receive hands-on supervision, with regularly scheduled supervisory sessions so you always know how you are doing.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will assist individuals applying for Social Security benefits utilizing the SAMHSA SSI/SSDI Outreach Access and Recovery program.
- Screen clients for potential eligibility for disability benefits and entitlements.
- Use your writing and organizational skills to advocate on behalf of clients.
- Be an important part of the team by helping to integrate services, resolve problems and ensure continuity of care.
- Develop relationships by meeting with clients on an ongoing basis to obtain information.
- Establish a relationship with a SOAR representative at the Social Security Administration to facilitate services.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Completion of the SOAR course offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration.
- Professional experience working with individuals with co-occurring mental illnesses and substance use disorders or experiencing homelessness, and service planning.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related human services field.
- Compensation is $20.24 per hour
- We are a friendly, supportive team!
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community. Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in six years in a row!
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.