Position: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Program: Clinical Services
Employment Type: Full-Time, Sunday-Thursday, 7am- 3pm, Tuesday 8am -4pm
Location: Assissted living facility in Fairfax, Va
- Gain valuable experience working with clients with mental illness diagnoses.
- Have a full-time schedule that is convenient.
- Receive hands-on supervision, with regularly scheduled supervisory sessions so you always know how you are doing!
- Receive FREE training to become a Registered Medication Aide
What You Will Be Doing: You will assist residents in all areas of their daily living, including bathing, grooming, dining, recreational activities and medication management. You will be responsible for observing any changes in behavior, physical health and appetite, so you will learn to look for these changes and how to report them. Most of your time will be spent engaged in personal interactions with residents, allowing you to form real connections.
Required Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed Virginia approved Certified Nurse Aid Training program with current Virginia Nurse Aide Certification
- High degree of empathy toward persons with mental illnesses
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Minimum one year of experience providing direct care services
- We prefer if you are a Registered Medication Aide but if you’re not? We provide that training – free!
- Experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses
- Compensation is $14.88/hour
- Excellent benefits, including health, free dental (for employee), free life insurance and access to a 403(b) account
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Full-time schedule that leaves your afternoons and evenings free
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community. Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.