Position: Assistant Director, Assisted Living Facility
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $52,589.00 annually
- Gain valuable experience with Pathway Homes’ proven recovery-based, Housing First, model for supporting individuals with mental health and substance use disorders in achieving their goals.
- Work within a supportive environment meeting regularly with your supervisor and teammates.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensure individualized service plans are developed and implemented in accordance with DSS regulations and agency and CARF standards.
- Responsible for the oversight of the care coordination services for each individual served.
- Coordinates regular supervision, training and support for all facility Residential Support staff.
- Provides oversight for crisis intervention services and provides direct crisis intervention as warranted.
- Responsible for the coordination of the orientation of new residents.
- Responsible for providing backup coverage for Residential Support staff when needed to ensure the program operates without disruption.
- Provides routine qualitative clinical record audits.
- Facilitates the program’s clinical meeting and ensures ongoing and thorough reviews of the care of each individual receiving services.
- Assists the Director in the interviewing and selection of facility staff.
- Actively monitors and ensures all maintenance, health, fire and safety issues are reported to the Director and addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and oversees a system of regular administrative reviews of client records.
- Coordinates the orientation program for all new facility staff.
- Conducts routine audits/oversight of shift assignments, End-of-Shift documentation, and specific shift performances.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Residential Support staff are actively engaged in face-to-face time with residents at least 60% of time worked.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the individuals’ families, other providers, vendors and the community.
- Responsible for on-going monitoring of program operations to ensure compliance with DSS regulations.
- Responds to, and resolves, ‘on-call’ inquiries/contacts.
- May require on-site presence outside of scheduled work hours for crises, program coverage or to provide needed oversite of staff performance.
- Responsible for monitoring and remaining current with required trainings and certifications.
- Responsible for performing all duties consistent with the agency’s identified core
- Responsible for maintaining individual eligibility to operate a vehicle for work-related functions, and for providing transportation for residents when needed.
Required Qualifications Include:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a related field. Minimum of two (2) years’ in direct work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, and one (1) year of clinical supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
Assisted Living Facility Administrator license. Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or license-eligible in social work, counseling or a related field. Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide certification.
- Compensation is $52,589. annually
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.