Position: Project Accountant
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $50,000 gross annual
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Primary accounting responsibilities for Pathway Homes projects; including bank reconciliations, fixed asset and depreciation recording, rent reconciliations, and contract payment reconciliations.
- Monthly submission of Housing Assistance Payments and Project Rental Assistance Payments.
- Ensure accurate recording of all bills and invoices for assigned projects.
- Maintain daily cash and checkbook balances for assigned projects.
- Accounts for, records, and deposits all revenues including client and grant funding for assigned projects.
- Monthly review of General Ledger, subsidiary accounts, and verifies for accuracy.
- Prepares all required audit support and lead schedules for assigned projects.
- Provide oversight and capability for electronic processing of Medicaid claims, reconciliation, and reports.
Required Skills & Experience: Finance/Accounting Degree and two years minimum demonstrated experience within a fast-paced multiple project environment subject to strict deadlines. Fast, accurate data entry, strong attention to detail, well organized, and good communication skills, both written and oral. Use of Microsoft office products a must.
Preferred Skills & Experience: Working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Compensation is $50,000 per year.
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.