Position: Accounts Payable Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: $17.00 gross per hour
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Receives bills and invoices and processes for payment. Assures timely payment of all invoices to avoid late service charges and that checks with any special requests are handled appropriately.
- Ensures all accounts payable checks are signed in accordance with Agency policy.
- Coordinates with Project Accountants in maintaining daily cash and checkbook balances.
- Files and maintains paid bills.
- Coordinates with Project Accountants to review monthly General Ledger, subsidiary accounts and reports for accuracy.
- Coordinates with Project Accountants completion of annual IRS 1099 forms.
- Monitors and maintains Accounts Payable emails and organizes to appropriate folders.
- Maintains daily log-out and log-in of all credit cards, property, and vehicle keys
- Provides assistance to Administration, to include telephone support, nightly disposition of outgoing mail, sorting and distribution of incoming mail, copier and fax functions, and general information on program and services to callers.
- Responsible for monitoring and remaining current with all required trainings and certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining individual eligibility to operate a motor vehicle for work-related functions and duties.
- Responsible for performing all duties consistent with the agency’s identified core competencies.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required in the circumstances.
Required Skills & Experience: 4 years’ Accounts Payable experience within a face paced multiple project environment subject to strict deadlines. Strong attention to detail, well organized, and good communication skills both written and oral.
Preferred Skills & Experience: Working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Compensation is $17.00 per hour, or $35,360 annually based on standard 8 hour schedule
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
- Benefits listed below.
- Be part of an organization that is making a real difference in the community.
- Learn to support residents living with mental illnesses.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals.
Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” six years in a row!
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Free Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Earn up to two weeks of vacation in your first year, three weeks annually for years 2-4, and up to 4 weeks of vacation after 5 years of employment.
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
OR, you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.