Position: Kitchen Assistant
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Fairfax, Va
Compensation: $10.35/hour starting salary
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
Job Summary: A part-time position position is available immediately at a 37-bed assisted living facility in Fairfax, VA. The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitary conditions of the kitchen, kitchen equipment, dishes and utensils and the dining area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the cook with kitchen preparation.
- Assists the cook with food service as needed.
- Responsible for properly cleaning and sanitizing all dishes, utensils, glasses, trays and cookware.
- Responsible for preparing dining area prior to each meal period.
- Ensures an adequate supply of clean dishes, glasses and utensils throughout each meal period.
- Cleans all kitchen and dining areas following each meal.
- Assists in unloading and properly storing all deliveries.
- Assists in the monitoring and reporting of all maintenance, health and safety issues in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Responsible for monitoring and remaining current with all required trainings and certifications.
Job Requirements: Experience as kitchen assistant, dishwasher or other related position in food services. A high degree of empathy and ability to communicate effectively with persons with severe and persistent mental illness.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Or you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or fax to: (703) 876-0394
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.