Position: Marking and Events Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Compensation: Annual salary starts at $40,000 for candidates with required qualifications
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
Job Summary: Full-time Reporting to the Director of Development, the Marketing and Events Associate supports internal and external marketing efforts. The Marketing and Events Associate will also coordinate agency events including managing the volunteers supporting those events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, produce and disseminate marketing materials ensuring a consistent brand for all print and on-line communication vehicles including, but not limited to quarterly newsletter, annual report, direct mail solicitations, sponsor packets, brochures, event invitations, employee and resident communications.
- Select photography and video for print and electronic communications including obtaining and tracking proper photo use authorizations
- Create and coordinate production schedules and maintain ongoing relationships with supporting venders which may include mailing companies, printers, photographers and videographers
- Collaboratively update development, events and volunteer web-content utilizing established agency media protocols
- Design and distribute e-communications for donors, volunteers and supporters using Constant Contact
- Maintain and monitor social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Instagram and Linked-In messaging
- Oversee and organize agency events including the selection and securing of venues, creation of event themes and coordination of vendors and volunteers supporting the events
- Directly manage volunteer recruitment, scheduling, reporting and supervision of small number of internal on-going volunteers and oversee management of external volunteer management company for large-scale volunteer event recruitment and coordination
Job Requirements: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design or a related field, a minimum of two years’ experience of demonstrated success in marketing and/or media. Customer service experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Suites.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with awareness of the needs of individuals with symptoms of mental illness and/or experience working in a nonprofit organization will be viewed favorably.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Or you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or fax to: (703) 876-0394
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.