Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Fairfax, Va
Compensation: $12.93/hour starting salary
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others, you may be interested in joining our team.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
Job Summary: A part-time position position is available immediately at a 37-bed assisted living facility in Fairfax, VA. The Cook is responsible for the preparation of nutritious, appealing meals in compliance with all Health Department regulations and state licensing requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing all food items in accordance with company standards and safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Prepares special diets as prescribed by a resident=s physician in accordance to the physician=s orders.
- Assists Kitchen Supervisor in maintaining food inventory.
- Responsible for adhering to safe, sanitary practices of handling, storing, serving and disposing of food products.
- Garnishes and decorates all prepared foods in an attractive manner.
- Assists in service during meal periods.
- Assists in the monitoring and reporting of maintenance, health, fire and safety issues in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Responsible for attending the facility staff meeting.
- Responsible for monitoring and remaining current with required trainings and certifications.
Job Requirements: Food Handlers Certification. Experience in food service and preparation. Familiarity with state codes for food preparation and food services. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Or you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or fax to: (703) 876-0394
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.