Position: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Program: Clinical Services
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Woodbridge, Va
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
Job Summary: A part-time overnight Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) position is available immediately at a 37-bed assisted living facility in Fairfax, VA. CNAs are responsible for assisting residents with severe and persistent mental illness in personal, nutritional and restorative care. Also, CNAs are responsible for assisting Mental Health Counselors in teaching and promoting independence in residents' activities of daily living.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists and supports consumers in bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, care of personal clothing and maintenance of personal bedrooms.
- Assists consumers in dining area, including selection of foods, eating and appropriate dining behaviors and etiquette.
- Observes consumers for any changes in behavior, physical condition, appetite and symptoms and reports all significant observations to supervisor or senior staff on duty.
- Assists consumers with self-administration of medication and adheres to all agency/facility practices and policies governing medication management.
- Performs all tasks as assigned and completes all tasks as assigned through Shift Responsibilities.
- Responsible for transportation of consumers for activities, appointments or in the event of an emergency.
- Ensures that at least 50 percent of time worked is engaged face-to-face with consumers.
- Documents significant events in consumers’ clinical record.
Job Requirements: Required qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent, a completed Virginia approved Certified Nurse Aid Training program with current Virginia Nurse Aide Certification, current certification as a Virginia Medication Aide and a high degree of empathy toward persons with mental illness. Preferred Qualifications include a minimum one year of experience providing direct care services and experience in work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Or you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or fax to: (703) 876-0394
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.