Position: Awake Overnight Counselor
Program: Clinical Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Fairfax, Va
If you have a positive attitude, pride in your work, and a passion for helping others,
you may be interested in joining our team.
Pathway Homes is dedicated to the ongoing efforts to prevent and end homelessness in our community. We are a nonprofit, community-based organization providing non-time-limited housing and supportive services to adults with severe mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders, including substance abuse or intellectual disabilities. Our housing programs incorporate a continuum-of-care approach that meet each individual’s needs, where they are, at their unique point on their road to recovery. Case management services focus on helping individuals attain and strengthen the skills needed to manage their mental and physical health, maintain their home, enhance personal relationships, develop healthy life habits, and promote the achievement of personal goals. Pathway Homes has been named to Nonprofit Times’ list of “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in each of the last five years.
Full time employees at Pathway Homes are offered many fantastic benefits, such as:
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
Job Summary: A full-time clinical position is immediately available in a 37-bed assisted living facility serving individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. This position is responsible for the safety and security of the facility and residents, oversight and assistance of residents in performing ADLs, administrative functions to support program operations, responding to crisis, and clinical documentation of events and interventions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to crises by taking appropriate action to ensure the safety of consumers, staff and program, and completes required documentation in accordance with agency standards.
- Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of consumers’ individualized service plans.
- Monitor and report maintenance, health, fire and safety issues throughout the program.
- Perform basic administrative functions (scanning, filing, shredding) as assigned.
- Document consumers’ behaviors, activities, incidents, interactions and goal areas in the clinical record in compliance with DBHDS, DSS and DMAS regulations.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with staff, family members, external providers, and the community at large.
- Assist consumers with the self-administration of medications as needed, and adhere to all agency/program procedures and policies regarding medication management.
- Conduct routine bed/program/facility security checks as designated by the program, and document the outcome of monitoring.
Job Requirements: Candidates must be capable of attending monthly staff meetings and be available for mandatory orientation trainings during day-time hours. Candidates must also hold a current, valid driver's license and occasional use of personal vehicle is to be expected.
How to Apply:
Preferred: Email your resume (or summary of qualifications) and a cover letter to: Resume Roster.
Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Or you may mail to:
Pathway Homes, Inc.
10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Or fax to: (703) 876-0394
Pathway Homes is an equal opportunity employer.
At Pathway Homes, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their knowledge, skills, experience, and achievements without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.