Calling all Pathway Homes artists! This is your chance to participate in Pathway Homes’ second Annual Holiday Card Design Competition.
The talent of Pathway Homes’ artists was on full display in the many pieces of beautiful art at our second Summer of the Arts Exhibition in August! Everyone was so moved by the quality and range of talent at this event that we are taking this opportunity to tap into this talent pool once again this year. Each year we send a holiday card with a beautiful winter scene to our Board of Directors, community partners, supporters, individuals we serve, and volunteers. This year, we invite you to send in your design for a chance to be the artist for this year’s holiday card and win $35 in the process. Last year, we received some great submissions and look forward to seeing them again this year.
- Designs must be original work and not infringe upon copyrighted material.
- Designs should convey an image of the holiday season, and must be a non-religious theme.
- Entries should be on white letter-sized paper (8.5x11 inches) and in a 2-dimensional medium (such as paint, pencil, charcoal, pastel, pen and ink, digital print, etc.).
- The original entry* and a completed Authorization to Release must be turned in by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 21st to Pathway Homes’ Administrative Office (10201 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030).
- Artists must be individuals receiving Pathway Homes’ services at the time of entry submission.
- Only one entry per artist.
Members of Pathway Homes Board of Directors will judge the submissions. The winning design will be chosen anonymously based on the following criteria:
- Capturing the mood of the holidays.
- Interpreting the essence of Pathway Homes.
- Representing individuals served by Pathway Homes in a positive manner.
The artist of the winning design will receive $35, and their work will be featured on Pathway Homes’ 2014 holiday card and the Pathway Homes website. The winner will be announced at the Pathway Homes Resident Holiday Party on December 4, 2014.*All entries will be returned to the artist.